Sunday 1 June 2014

So tired of being alone

Reach across the space between us,
meet me where I stand.
Stretch you arm out across the gap
and take my trembling hand.

All I need is to feel a connection,
to know that someone cares.
People say that I matter,
but they're so caught up in their own affairs.

No one sees that I’m falling,
into this dark abyss of despair.
I feel like I’m drowning in sorrow,
struggling for every gasp of air.

I don’t want to be seen as a whinger,
someone who will just sit and moan.
I’m not looking for attention,
I’m just so tired of being alone.

2 comments:

  1. This is such an amazing poem! Strikes a chord in my heart. Totally can relate. Very well done! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sakshi. Thanks for the comment.
      I'm glad you enjoyed my poem. I wrote it while at a dinner party surrounded by happy couples. I'm sorry that you know what that kind of loneliness feels like, though I'm glad to have connected with someone who can relate. :]

      Delete