Saturday 10 May 2014

Let's Play a Game

This is my favourite paragraph from my favourite book.
Do you know what the book is?

I'll give you a hint.
The main character is Jean-Baptiste Grenouille

Another hint.
It's set in France

Update 12/5/2014: Well, this page has had a tonne of views, but no correct guesses. So I can only assume that none of you knew what book the quote is from. That's a bit sad. So I think you should all go away and read Perfume: The Story of a Murderer by Patrick Suskind as homework. :]

He was delighted by moonlight. Moonlight knew no colours and traced the contours of the terrain only very softly. It covered the land with a dirty grey, strangling life all night long. This world moulded in lead, where nothing moved but the wind that fell sometimes like a shadow over the grey forests, and where nothing lived but the scent of the naked earth, was the only world that he accepted, for it was much like the world of his soul.

1 comment: