So, I need to remind myself that it's possible for me to be happy.
A little while back a friend of mine asked me to write a guest post for her blog of all the things that make me happy. Initially I thought this would be the easiest thing in the world. I mean, I know what makes me happy right?
Turns out no. The first list went something like this.
- Books. New books, old books, second hand books, any books
- Piercings and tattoos.
- My family and my pets
- Late night adventures with my friends
- Stepping on crunchy leaves
- Rain. Both when I am walking in it and when I'm inside listening to it.
- Having pretty coloured nails and awesome eyeliner
The destructive hyper-energy I feel when I'm listening to really great heavy metal and rock music where the people scream so I don't have to isn't actually happiness.
The peace I feel walking on my own at night is actually much closer to despair the more I think about it.
There are also things that make me smile, or things that I enjoy, but they aren't necessarily things that make me happy.
After a lot more thought and close examination of my life, I think I came up with a pretty good list. Check it out here :]